|author||Ross Zwisler <email@example.com>||2016-08-03 13:46:15 -0700|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-08-04 08:50:07 -0400|
block: remove BLK_DEV_DAX config option
The functionality for block device DAX was already removed with commit acc93d30d7d4 ("Revert "block: enable dax for raw block devices"") However, we still had a config option hanging around that was always disabled because it depended on CONFIG_BROKEN. This config option was introduced in commit 03cdadb04077 ("block: disable block device DAX by default") This change reverts that commit, removing the dead config option. Link: http://email@example.com Signed-off-by: Ross Zwisler <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Dave Hansen <email@example.com> Acked-by: Dan Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Jens Axboe <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'block')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 13 deletions
diff --git a/block/Kconfig b/block/Kconfig
index 0363cd731320..161491d0a879 100644
@@ -88,19 +88,6 @@ config BLK_DEV_INTEGRITY
T10/SCSI Data Integrity Field or the T13/ATA External Path
Protection. If in doubt, say N.
- bool "Block device DAX support"
- depends on FS_DAX
- depends on BROKEN
- When DAX support is available (CONFIG_FS_DAX) raw block
- devices can also support direct userspace access to the
- storage capacity via MMAP(2) similar to a file on a
- DAX-enabled filesystem. However, the DAX I/O-path disables
- some standard I/O-statistics, and the MMAP(2) path has some
- operational differences due to bypassing the page
- cache. If in doubt, say N.
bool "Block layer bio throttling support"
depends on BLK_CGROUP=y