Diffstat (limited to 'usr')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 77 deletions
diff --git a/usr/Kconfig b/usr/Kconfig
index 642f503d3e9f..2d4c77eecf2e 100644
@@ -98,80 +98,3 @@ config RD_LZ4
Support loading of a LZ4 encoded initial ramdisk or cpio buffer
If unsure, say N.
- prompt "Built-in initramfs compression mode" if INITRAMFS_SOURCE!=""
- This option decides by which algorithm the builtin initramfs
- will be compressed. Several compression algorithms are
- available, which differ in efficiency, compression and
- decompression speed. Compression speed is only relevant
- when building a kernel. Decompression speed is relevant at
- each boot.
- If you have any problems with bzip2 or LZMA compressed
- initramfs, mail me (Alain Knaff) <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- High compression options are mostly useful for users who are
- low on RAM, since it reduces the memory consumption during
- If in doubt, select 'gzip'
- bool "None"
- Do not compress the built-in initramfs at all. This may
- sound wasteful in space, but, you should be aware that the
- built-in initramfs will be compressed at a later stage
- anyways along with the rest of the kernel, on those
- architectures that support this.
- However, not compressing the initramfs may lead to slightly
- higher memory consumption during a short time at boot, while
- both the cpio image and the unpacked filesystem image will
- be present in memory simultaneously
- bool "Gzip"
- depends on RD_GZIP
- The old and tried gzip compression. It provides a good balance
- between compression ratio and decompression speed.
- bool "Bzip2"
- depends on RD_BZIP2
- Its compression ratio and speed is intermediate.
- Decompression speed is slowest among the choices. The initramfs
- size is about 10% smaller with bzip2, in comparison to gzip.
- Bzip2 uses a large amount of memory. For modern kernels you
- will need at least 8MB RAM or more for booting.
- bool "LZMA"
- depends on RD_LZMA
- This algorithm's compression ratio is best.
- Decompression speed is between the other choices.
- Compression is slowest. The initramfs size is about 33%
- smaller with LZMA in comparison to gzip.
- bool "XZ"
- depends on RD_XZ
- XZ uses the LZMA2 algorithm. The initramfs size is about 30%
- smaller with XZ in comparison to gzip. Decompression speed
- is better than that of bzip2 but worse than gzip and LZO.
- Compression is slow.
- bool "LZO"
- depends on RD_LZO
- Its compression ratio is the poorest among the choices. The kernel
- size is about 10% bigger than gzip; however its speed
- (both compression and decompression) is the fastest.