Diffstat (limited to 'arch/x86/kernel/signal.c')
1 files changed, 1 insertions, 23 deletions
diff --git a/arch/x86/kernel/signal.c b/arch/x86/kernel/signal.c
index ea794a083c44..6c26d2c3a2e4 100644
@@ -766,30 +766,8 @@ handle_signal(struct ksignal *ksig, struct pt_regs *regs)
static inline unsigned long get_nr_restart_syscall(const struct pt_regs *regs)
- * This function is fundamentally broken as currently
- * implemented.
- * The idea is that we want to trigger a call to the
- * restart_block() syscall and that we want in_ia32_syscall(),
- * in_x32_syscall(), etc. to match whatever they were in the
- * syscall being restarted. We assume that the syscall
- * instruction at (regs->ip - 2) matches whatever syscall
- * instruction we used to enter in the first place.
- * The problem is that we can get here when ptrace pokes
- * syscall-like values into regs even if we're not in a syscall
- * at all.
- * For now, we maintain historical behavior and guess based on
- * stored state. We could do better by saving the actual
- * syscall arch in restart_block or (with caveats on x32) by
- * checking if regs->ip points to 'int $0x80'. The current
- * behavior is incorrect if a tracer has a different bitness
- * than the tracee.
- if (current_thread_info()->status & (TS_COMPAT|TS_I386_REGS_POKED))
+ if (current_thread_info()->status & TS_COMPAT_RESTART)