|Age||Commit message (Collapse)||Author|
This patch replaces the empty definition of display_boot_progress() in
bl2_main.c with a weak definition. The former allowed bl2 to use the
early_exceptions(). It is possible to do that with a simple weak
definition as well.
Ctags seem to have a problem with generating tags for assembler symbols
when a comment immediately follows an assembly label.
This patch inserts a single space character between the label
definition and the following comments to help ctags.
The patch is generated by the command:
git ls-files -- \*.S | xargs sed -i 's/^\([^:]\+\):;/\1: ;/1'
Traps when accessing architectural features are disabled by clearing bits
in CPTR_EL3 during early boot, including accesses to floating point
registers. The value of this register was previously undetermined, causing
unwanted traps to EL3. Future EL3 code (for example, context save/restore
code) may use floating point registers, although they are not used by current
Also, the '-mgeneral-regs-only' flag is enabled in the GCC settings to
prevent generation of code that uses floating point registers.
- Add instructions for contributing to ARM Trusted Firmware.
- Update copyright text in all files to acknowledge contributors.
This patch makes sure the C runtime environment is properly
initialised before executing any C code.
- Zero-initialise NOBITS sections (e.g. the bss section).
- Relocate BL1 data from ROM to RAM.
- Check at link-time that bootloader images will fit in memory
at run time and that they won't overlap each other.
- Remove text and rodata orphan sections.
- Define new linker symbols to remove the need for platform setup
code to know the order of sections.
- Reduce the size of the raw binary images by cutting some sections
out of the disk image and allocating them at load time, whenever
- Rework alignment constraints on sections.
- Remove unused linker symbols.
- Homogenize linker symbols names across all BLs.
- Add some comments in the linker scripts.
Any asynchronous exception caused by the firmware should be handled
in the firmware itself. For this reason, unmask SError exceptions
(and Debug ones as well) on all boot paths. Also route external
abort and SError interrupts to EL3, otherwise they will target EL1.
blx_plat_arch_setup() should only perform platform-specific
architectural setup, e.g. enabling the MMU. This patch moves
generic architectural setup code out of blx_plat_arch_setup().