Diffstat (limited to 'docs/user-guide.md')
1 files changed, 24 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/docs/user-guide.md b/docs/user-guide.md
index 476fc00..e7efc40 100644
@@ -860,16 +860,32 @@ memory address populated by BL2.
+ - `CPU_SUSPEND`
- The `CPU_ON` and `CPU_OFF` functions implement the warm boot path in ARM
- Trusted Firmware. These are the only functions which have been tested.
- `AFFINITY_INFO` & `PSCI_VERSION` are present but completely untested in
- this version of the software.
- Unsupported PSCI functions that can return, return the `NOT_SUPPORTED`
- (`-1`) error code. Other unsupported PSCI functions that don't return,
- signal an assertion failure.
+ The `CPU_ON`, `CPU_OFF` and `CPU_SUSPEND` functions implement the warm boot
+ path in ARM Trusted Firmware. `CPU_ON` and `CPU_OFF` have undergone testing
+ on all the supported FVPs. `CPU_SUSPEND` & `AFFINITY_INFO` have undergone
+ testing only on the AEM v8 Base FVP. Support for `AFFINITY_INFO` is still
+ experimental. Support for `CPU_SUSPEND` is stable for entry into power down
+ states. Standby states are currently not supported. `PSCI_VERSION` is
+ present but completely untested in this version of the software.
+ Unsupported PSCI functions can be divided into ones that can return
+ execution to the caller and ones that cannot. The following functions
+ return with a error code as documented in the [Power State Coordination
+ Interface PDD] [PSCI].
+ - `MIGRATE` : -1 (NOT_SUPPORTED)
+ - `MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE` : 2 (Trusted OS is either not present or does not
+ require migration)
+ - `MIGRATE_INFO_UP_CPU` : 0 (Return value is UNDEFINED)
+ The following unsupported functions do not return and signal an assertion
+ failure if invoked.
+ - `SYSTEM_OFF`
+ - `SYSTEM_RESET`
BL3-1 returns the error code `-1` if an SMC is raised for any other runtime
service. This behavior is mandated by the [SMC calling convention PDD]