|author||Dan Handley <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-01-14 13:20:12 +0000|
|committer||Dan Handley <email@example.com>||2014-01-17 10:27:52 +0000|
Refer to separate issue tracking repository
Update documentation to refer to separate issue tracking repository, https://github.com/ARM-software/tf-issues/issues. Change-Id: Ib1cef65b0da420bec58290d8743eb069b1226c96
Diffstat (limited to 'contributing.md')
1 files changed, 18 insertions, 17 deletions
diff --git a/contributing.md b/contributing.md
index 2f46d7e..6e4623a 100644
@@ -29,11 +29,10 @@ Getting Started
everyone visibility of whether others are working on something similar. ARM
licensees may contact ARM directly via their partner managers instead if
- * For bugs, use the "bug" label in the [issue] and clearly describe the
- problem, including steps to reproduce.
- * For enhancements, use the "enhancement" label and clearly describe
- how you intend to implement the change.
- If you intend to include Third Party IP in your contribution, please
+ * Note that the [issue] tracker for this project is in a separate
+ [issue tracking repository]. Please follow the guidelines in that
+ * If you intend to include Third Party IP in your contribution, please
raise a separate [issue] for this and ensure that the changes that
include Third Party IP are made on a separate topic branch.
* [Fork] [arm-trusted-firmware] on GitHub.
@@ -55,9 +54,10 @@ Making Changes
* Avoid long commit series. If you do have a long series, consider whether
some commits should be squashed together or addressed in a separate topic.
* Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format. If a commit fixes
- a GitHub [issue], include a reference (e.g. "fixes #45"); this ensures
- the [issue] is [automatically closed] when merged into the
- [arm-trusted-firmware] `master` branch.
+ a GitHub [issue], include a reference (e.g.
+ "fixes arm-software/tf-issues#45"); this ensures the [issue] is
+ [automatically closed] when merged into the [arm-trusted-firmware] `master`
* Where appropriate, please update the documentation.
* Consider whether the [User Guide] or [Porting Guide] need updating.
* Changes that have a material impact on behavior or programming
@@ -103,12 +103,13 @@ _Copyright (c) 2013, ARM Limited and Contributors. All rights reserved._
[Porting Guide]: ./docs/porting-guide.md
[Acknowledgements]: ./acknowledgements.md "Contributor acknowledgements"
-[GitHub account]: http://github.com/signup/free
-[pull request]: http://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests
-[automatically closed]: https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages
-[Git guidelines]: http://git-scm.com/book/ch5-2.html
-[Linux coding style]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle
+[GitHub account]: https://github.com/signup/free
+[issue tracking repository]: https://github.com/ARM-software/tf-issues
+[pull request]: https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests
+[automatically closed]: https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages
+[Git guidelines]: http://git-scm.com/book/ch5-2.html
+[Linux coding style]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/CodingStyle