blob: 2f1a0413bbe506cc1cce7a131724bba6b79d0a50 (plain
h2. About the Linaro Confectionary Release for FVP (Multi-arch 64-bit)
The Linaro Confectionary release is based on the AOSP Lollipop Android-5.1.0_r1 version. The reference build is the userdebug variant build, it contains multi-arch support allowing full use of the 64-bit ARMv8-A architecture and supports both 64-bit and 32-bit applications, and have selinux enabled by default. Java-only applications will run as 64-bit in the supplied configuration with no modification. The release uses the kernel from Linaro ARM Landing team which is based on Android flavour of Linaro Stable Kernel version 3.10, and with EFI enabled and all necessary android configs. The sources are built using Android AOSP GCC version 4.9 for 64bit and Android (AOSP) GCC 4.8 for 32bit. To disable SELinux pass "selinux=0" as the boot parameter in the UEFI bootargs configuration.
The Android AOSP software provided in this release is functionally tested with CTS version 5.0 and the CTS results are shared with members. The BIONIC component is validated with Android BIONIC tests. Android Monkey tests were run for stress testing. Multi-arch support has been validated using examples provided in Android NDK.
Sources are also made available so you can build your own images (see the "Building from Source tab":https://releases.linaro.org/15.03/android/armv8-android-fvp-lsk/#tabs-3).
h3. What is new
* Android source changed to based on the Lollipop Android-5.1.0_r1 version
* Verified with application-benchmark test on LAVA.
h2. About the Android flavour of Linaro Stable Kernel (LSK)
The kernel used by Linaro Confectionary Release is based on the Android flavour of Linaro Stable Kernel (LSK), which is produced, validated and released by Linaro and is based on the Linux stable kernel tree. The LSK focuses on quality and stability and is therefore a great foundation for product development. It also includes backports of commonly desired features, provided they meet the quality requirements, and also any bug fixes.
Sources are also made available so you can build your own images (see the "Building from Source":https://releases.linaro.org/15.03/android/armv8-android-fvp-lsk/#tabs-3).
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
* Linaro Android Development "'Mailing list'":http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/linaro-android
* Linaro Android IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at #linaro-android
* Landing Team bug reports should be filed in "'Bugzilla'":http://bugs.linaro.org under linaro-android product and Linaro Confectionery Release component.
** You will need to login to your Linaro account. If you do not have an account or are having problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
* More general bug reports should be filed in Bugzilla against the individual packages that are affected.
* Questions? "'ask linaro'":http://ask.linaro.org/
* Interested in commercial support? inquire at "'Linaro Support'":mailto:email@example.com
h2. Android Patch Summary
The following list of patches developed by ARM and Linaro engineering teams were applied to get Android booting to UI on the ARMv8-A Juno development platform. These patches can be found on Linaro's Android Git repositories via file "LOLLIPOP-STABLE-PATCHSET":https://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb/android-patchsets.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/LOLLIPOP-STABLE-PATCHSET. Some of these patches have been submitted to AOSP and are being tracked for acceptance.
* "add Android.mk file to make Bionic libc test integrated":http://review.android.git.linaro.org/#/c/15288/
* "fixed the browser preference problem":https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/118963
* "fix bootchart can not be triggered problem":http://review.android.git.linaro.org/#/c/15367/
* "add policy rules for bootchart":http://review.android.git.linaro.org/#/c/15506
Any patches can be contributed through the instructions described "Here":https://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb/android-patchsets.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/README.TXT
h2. Known Issues and Limitations
h3. Known limitations
* SW rendering for user interface only - there is no hardware accelerated graphics
* Slow on high resolutions - we run on small screen size to avoid excessive delays
* Lack of audio support may cause apps using audio to hang
* HDLCD is not supported yet
* Has long time problem to run some CTS test package because of the performance thing
h3. Known issues
The following known issues are present in this release. Please contact "firstname.lastname@example.org":mailto:email@example.com?subject=LCR%20support%20request if you wish to know more information about these issues or have access problems when attempting to view them.
| *Bug ID* | *Bug title* | *Bug summary* |
|"Bug 993":https://bugs.linaro.org/show_bug.cgi?id=993 | EVDEV failures in linaro android kernel test suite on 14.12 LCR build | Few EVDEV tests have always been failing for us |
|"Bug 224":https://bugs.linaro.org/show_bug.cgi?id=224 | Corrupted png files can cause crashes in gallery | The stock Gallery application crashes when displaying known corrupt PNG files. |
|"Bug 222":https://bugs.linaro.org/show_bug.cgi?id=222 | Dev Tools crashes on startup | Dev Tools app fails to instantiate com.android.development.Development class from /system/app/Development.apk |
|"Bug 64":https://bugs.linaro.org/show_bug.cgi?id=64 | Test test_pthread_rwlock from bionic libc test suite fails on Juno build - LAVA | |
|"Bug 23":https://bugs.linaro.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23 | backtrace_test reports failures on 64/64 build | Failures reported with local trace and threads |