Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/dma-buf-sharing.txt')
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/dma-buf-sharing.txt b/Documentation/dma-buf-sharing.txt
index 67a4087d53f9..bb9753b635a3 100644
@@ -56,10 +56,10 @@ The dma_buf buffer sharing API usage contains the following steps:
size_t size, int flags,
const char *exp_name)
- If this succeeds, dma_buf_export allocates a dma_buf structure, and returns a
- pointer to the same. It also associates an anonymous file with this buffer,
- so it can be exported. On failure to allocate the dma_buf object, it returns
+ If this succeeds, dma_buf_export_named allocates a dma_buf structure, and
+ returns a pointer to the same. It also associates an anonymous file with this
+ buffer, so it can be exported. On failure to allocate the dma_buf object,
+ it returns NULL.
'exp_name' is the name of exporter - to facilitate information while
@@ -76,7 +76,7 @@ The dma_buf buffer sharing API usage contains the following steps:
drivers and/or processes.
- int dma_buf_fd(struct dma_buf *dmabuf)
+ int dma_buf_fd(struct dma_buf *dmabuf, int flags)
This API installs an fd for the anonymous file associated with this buffer;
returns either 'fd', or error.
@@ -157,7 +157,9 @@ to request use of buffer for allocation.
"dma_buf->ops->" indirection from the users of this interface.
In struct dma_buf_ops, unmap_dma_buf is defined as
- void (*unmap_dma_buf)(struct dma_buf_attachment *, struct sg_table *);
+ void (*unmap_dma_buf)(struct dma_buf_attachment *,
+ struct sg_table *,
+ enum dma_data_direction);
unmap_dma_buf signifies the end-of-DMA for the attachment provided. Like
map_dma_buf, this API also must be implemented by the exporter.