|author||Jaak Ristioja <Ristioja@gmail.com>||2010-01-15 12:05:07 +0200|
|committer||Jiri Kosina <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2010-02-05 12:22:36 +0100|
bio: Fix outdated comment about bio_alloc_bioset()
In commit 451a9ebf653d28337ba53ed5b4b70b0b9543cca1 bio_alloc_bioset() was refactored not to take NULL as a valid argument for bs. This patch changes the comment for that function accordingly. Currently, passing NULL as argument to parameter bs would result in a NULL pointer dereference. Signed-off-by: Jaak Ristioja <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Jiri Kosina <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'fs/bio.c')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 4 deletions
@@ -264,13 +264,12 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL(bio_init);
* bio_alloc_bioset - allocate a bio for I/O
* @gfp_mask: the GFP_ mask given to the slab allocator
* @nr_iovecs: number of iovecs to pre-allocate
- * @bs: the bio_set to allocate from. If %NULL, just use kmalloc
+ * @bs: the bio_set to allocate from.
- * bio_alloc_bioset will first try its own mempool to satisfy the allocation.
+ * bio_alloc_bioset will try its own mempool to satisfy the allocation.
* If %__GFP_WAIT is set then we will block on the internal pool waiting
- * for a &struct bio to become free. If a %NULL @bs is passed in, we will
- * fall back to just using @kmalloc to allocate the required memory.
+ * for a &struct bio to become free.
* Note that the caller must set ->bi_destructor on successful return
* of a bio, to do the appropriate freeing of the bio once the reference