1 files changed, 4 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt b/Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt
index 5effa5bd993..e213f45cf9d 100644
@@ -18,16 +18,15 @@ Rules on what kind of patches are accepted, and which ones are not, into the
- It cannot contain any "trivial" fixes in it (spelling changes,
whitespace cleanups, etc).
- It must follow the Documentation/SubmittingPatches rules.
- - It or an equivalent fix must already exist in Linus' tree. Quote the
- respective commit ID in Linus' tree in your patch submission to -stable.
+ - It or an equivalent fix must already exist in Linus' tree (upstream).
Procedure for submitting patches to the -stable tree:
- Send the patch, after verifying that it follows the above rules, to
- - To have the patch automatically included in the stable tree, add the
- the tag
+ email@example.com. You must note the upstream commit ID in the changelog
+ of your submission.
+ - To have the patch automatically included in the stable tree, add the tag
in the sign-off area. Once the patch is merged it will be applied to
the stable tree without anything else needing to be done by the author