1 files changed, 10 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/init/Kconfig b/init/Kconfig
index b170aa1d43b..29d9e47ee0d 100644
@@ -80,16 +80,20 @@ config LOCALVERSION_AUTO
This will try to automatically determine if the current tree is a
- release tree by looking for git tags that
- belong to the current top of tree revision.
+ release tree by looking for git tags that belong to the current
+ top of tree revision.
A string of the format -gxxxxxxxx will be added to the localversion
- if a git based tree is found. The string generated by this will be
+ if a git-based tree is found. The string generated by this will be
appended after any matching localversion* files, and after the value
- set in CONFIG_LOCALVERSION
+ set in CONFIG_LOCALVERSION.
- Note: This requires Perl, and a git repository, but not necessarily
- the git or cogito tools to be installed.
+ (The actual string used here is the first eight characters produced
+ by running the command:
+ $ git rev-parse --verify HEAD
+ which is done within the script "scripts/setlocalversion".)
bool "Support for paging of anonymous memory (swap)"