|author||Greg Kroah-Hartman <email@example.com>||2011-02-22 17:09:33 -0800|
|committer||Greg Kroah-Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2011-02-22 17:09:33 -0800|
tty: move obsolete and broken generic_serial drivers to drivers/staging/generic_serial/
As planned by Arnd Bergmann, this moves the following drivers to the drivers/staging/generic_serial directory where they will be removed after 2.6.41 if no one steps up to claim them. generic_serial rio ser_a2232 sx vme_scc Cc: Arnd Bergmann <email@example.com> Cc: Alan Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Jiri Slaby <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/char/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 44 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/char/Kconfig b/drivers/char/Kconfig
index 7b8cf0295f6..04f8b2d083c 100644
@@ -15,34 +15,6 @@ config DEVKMEM
kind of kernel debugging operations.
When in doubt, say "N".
- tristate "Specialix SX (and SI) card support"
- depends on SERIAL_NONSTANDARD && (PCI || EISA || ISA) && BROKEN
- This is a driver for the SX and SI multiport serial cards.
- Please read the file <file:Documentation/serial/sx.txt> for details.
- This driver can only be built as a module ( = code which can be
- inserted in and removed from the running kernel whenever you want).
- The module will be called sx. If you want to do that, say M here.
- tristate "Specialix RIO system support"
- depends on SERIAL_NONSTANDARD && BROKEN
- This is a driver for the Specialix RIO, a smart serial card which
- drives an outboard box that can support up to 128 ports. Product
- information is at <http://www.perle.com/support/documentation.html#multiport>.
- There are both ISA and PCI versions.
- bool "Support really old RIO/PCI cards"
- depends on RIO
- Older RIO PCI cards need some initialization-time configuration to
- determine the IRQ and some control addresses. If you have a RIO and
- this doesn't seem to work, try setting this to Y.
bool "Stallion multiport serial support"
depends on SERIAL_NONSTANDARD
@@ -55,22 +27,6 @@ config STALDRV
in this case. If you have never heard about all this, it's safe to
- tristate "Commodore A2232 serial support (EXPERIMENTAL)"
- depends on EXPERIMENTAL && ZORRO && BROKEN
- This option supports the 2232 7-port serial card shipped with the
- Amiga 2000 and other Zorro-bus machines, dating from 1989. At
- a max of 19,200 bps, the ports are served by a 6551 ACIA UART chip
- each, plus a 8520 CIA, and a master 6502 CPU and buffer as well. The
- ports were connected with 8 pin DIN connectors on the card bracket,
- for which 8 pin to DB25 adapters were supplied. The card also had
- jumpers internally to toggle various pinning configurations.
- This driver can be built as a module; but then "generic_serial"
- will also be built as a module. This has to be loaded before
- "ser_a2232". If you want to do this, answer M here.
bool "SGI Altix system controller communication support"
depends on (IA64_SGI_SN2 || IA64_GENERIC)