|author||Paul Gortmaker <email@example.com>||2013-09-30 13:45:19 -0700|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-09-30 14:31:02 -0700|
block: change config option name for cmdline partition parsing
Recently commit bab55417b10c ("block: support embedded device command line partition") introduced CONFIG_CMDLINE_PARSER. However, that name is too generic and sounds like it enables/disables generic kernel boot arg processing, when it really is block specific. Before this option becomes a part of a full/final release, add the BLK_ prefix to it so that it is clear in absence of any other context that it is block specific. In addition, fix up the following less critical items: - help text was not really at all helpful. - index file for Documentation was not updated - add the new arg to Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt - clarify wording in source comments Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker <email@example.com> Cc: Jens Axboe <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Cai Zhiyong <email@example.com> Cc: Wei Yongjun <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'block/partitions/cmdline.c')
1 files changed, 4 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/block/partitions/cmdline.c b/block/partitions/cmdline.c
index 56cf4ffad51..5141b563adf 100644
@@ -2,15 +2,15 @@
* Copyright (C) 2013 HUAWEI
* Author: Cai Zhiyong <email@example.com>
- * Read block device partition table from command line.
- * The partition used for fixed block device (eMMC) embedded device.
- * It is no MBR, save storage space. Bootloader can be easily accessed
+ * Read block device partition table from the command line.
+ * Typically used for fixed block (eMMC) embedded devices.
+ * It has no MBR, so saves storage space. Bootloader can be easily accessed
* by absolute address of data on the block device.
* Users can easily change the partition.
* The format for the command line is just like mtdparts.
- * Verbose config please reference "Documentation/block/cmdline-partition.txt"
+ * For further information, see "Documentation/block/cmdline-partition.txt"