|author||Ralf Baechle <email@example.com>||2014-05-23 16:29:44 +0200|
|committer||Ralf Baechle <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-05-24 00:07:01 +0200|
MIPS: MT: Remove SMTC support
Nobody is maintaining SMTC anymore and there also seems to be no userbase. Which is a pity - the SMTC technology primarily developed by Kevin D. Kissell <email@example.com> is an ingenious demonstration for the MT ASE's power and elegance. Based on Markos Chandras <Markos.Chandras@imgtec.com> patch https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/6719/ which while very similar did no longer apply cleanly when I tried to merge it plus some additional post-SMTC cleanup - SMTC was a feature as tricky to remove as it was to merge once upon a time. Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/mips/Kconfig.debug')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/arch/mips/Kconfig.debug b/arch/mips/Kconfig.debug
index 25de29211d7..3a2b775e845 100644
@@ -79,15 +79,6 @@ config CMDLINE_OVERRIDE
Normally, you will choose 'N' here.
- bool "Enable additional debug checks before going into CPU idle loop"
- depends on DEBUG_KERNEL && MIPS_MT_SMTC
- This option enables Enable additional debug checks before going into
- CPU idle loop. For details on these checks, see
- arch/mips/kernel/smtc.c. This debugging option result in significant
- overhead so should be disabled in production kernels.
bool "Corelis Debugger"
depends on SIBYTE_SB1xxx_SOC