blob: 8c86fcaf0769a886b664d65032c220c9b8873321 (plain
* libhugetlbfs - Easy use of Linux hugepages
* Copyright (C) 2008 Adam Litke, IBM Corporation.
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of
* the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
* License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
* The powerpc 64-bit ELF ABI defines the location and size of the plt as
* follows (see the ELF ABI and powerpc64 supplement for details):
* Location: (data segment p_vaddr) + (data segment p_filesz)
* Size: (dynamic symbol table DT_PTRELSZ entry) + 24
* plt entries have likely been initialized when the libhugetlbfs remapping
* code runs, we must copy these entries when preparing the data segment. Tell
* the arch-independent code how many bytes to copy.
ElfW(Word) plt_extrasz(ElfW(Dyn) *dyntab)
ElfW(Word) pltrelsz = 0;
/* Find the needed information in the dynamic section */
for (i = 0; dyntab[i].d_tag != DT_NULL; i++)
if (dyntab[i].d_tag == DT_PLTRELSZ)
pltrelsz = dyntab[i].d_un.d_val;
/* pltrelsz indicates the size of all plt entries used to cache
* symbol lookups, but does not include the reserved entry at PLT.
* 24 bytes is the ABI-defined size of a plt entry.
return pltrelsz + 24;